Baked Eggplant Parmigiana Chips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Since eggplant is related to the potato, it's a natural step to make chips out of eggplant, too! But these are no ordinary chips...they're hot and bubbly and come complete with baked-on dip.
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into -inch round slices
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Dip each slice of eggplant first in the egg mixture then in the bread crumbs, coating completely.
Place the slices on the cookie sheets in a single layer, then spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on each. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese has melted.
You can substitute other kinds of cheese, if you'd prefer - and if you don't want to use spaghetti sauce, just leave it out!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.