Baked Eggplant Parmigiana Chips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Since eggplant is related to the potato, it's a natural step to make chips out of eggplant, too! But these are no ordinary chips...they're hot and bubbly and come complete with baked-on dip.
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into -inch round slices
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Dip each slice of eggplant first in the egg mixture then in the bread crumbs, coating completely.
Place the slices on the cookie sheets in a single layer, then spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on each. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese has melted.
You can substitute other kinds of cheese, if you'd prefer - and if you don't want to use spaghetti sauce, just leave it out!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.