Chicken Egg Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You wouldn't believe how easy our Chicken Egg Rolls are to make. So easy in fact, you'll toss those take out menus right into the trash!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, scallions, and chicken; mix well. Pour soy sauce mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat well and let stand 10 minutes. Place cabbage mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain well.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup cabbage mixture evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Lightly brush edges of egg roll with beaten egg. Fold one corner of each egg roll wrapper up over cabbage mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion; roll up tightly.
- In a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat about 1-1/2 inches oil until hot but not smoking. Add egg rolls in batches and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately, but be sure to use caution -- the filling will be hot.
If you serve these with duck sauce or spicy mustard, they'll taste as good as (or better than!) the ones served in restaurants!
Here's another great appetizer recipe with an Asian flair -- Chinese spareribs!
Plus, be sure to check out our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes for more of our favorites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.