- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Let our easy Chicken Roll-Ups recipe come to your aid whenever you've got a dinner party catastrophe! This simple dish makes a great appetizer.
What You'll Need:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total)
teaspoon black pepper
pound (4 ounces) boiled ham, thinly sliced
pound (4 ounces) provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons butter
1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
What To Do:
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper. Top each breast half with ham, provolone, sage, and garlic powder. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken in the butter, stir in the pasta sauce, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 12 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Serve this with cooked pasta to enjoy the flavorful sauce.
- Make-Ahead Suggestions: Prepare the chicken rollups and refrigerate. Uncooked rollups can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 day.
06 27 14