Crispy Cheese Poppers
- COOK TIME
- 1 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Min
If you love the jalapeno cheese poppers you can buy at the deli counter, you'll go absolutely crazy for these deep-fried snacks! Serve Crispy Cheese Poppers at your next party or big event.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 18 wonton wrappers (from a 16-ounce package), thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2
cups vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped jalapeño, and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat work surface. Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper and fold diagonally to form a triangle. Seal the edges firmly with your fingers. Continue with the remaining cheese mixture and wonton wrappers.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil until hot but not smoking. Fry the wontons in batches for 30 seconds per side, or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES