We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love food for many reasons (That's a no-brainer, right?) but we love when food has great texture, such as a distinct crunch. Well, if you love a little crunch in your food also, these Crispy Wontons will be right up your alley. It's almost as if we've brought our favorite Chinese restaurant home because these Crispy Wontons are crunch heaven!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7-ounce) can tiny shrimp, drained
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 8 ingredients. Pulse 8 times or until blended.
- Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful of pork mixture onto center of each wonton wrapper; moisten edges with water. Fold wonton in half to form a triangle, pressing edges together to seal. Reserve any remaining wonton wrappers for another use.
- Pour oil into a large Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees. Fry wontons, in batches, 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain wontons on paper towels. Serve with hot mustard and sweet-and-sour sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!