Fast Taco Pie
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Fast Taco Pie is a quick and savory pie full of all the flavors kids of all ages love for dinner. If you've been looking for the ultimate ground beef skillet recipe, then you've come to the right place! With a spicy mix of Mexican flavors and good, hearty ingredients including lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and ground beef, you're in for a dinner to remember with this one!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
cup sour cream
What To Do:
In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently; drain off excess liquid.
Stir in refried beans and salsa, breaking up mixture with back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat, scrape down sides with a spatula, and smooth mixture evenly in skillet.
Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream in concentric circles (one inside the next) on top of beef mixture, and serve immediately.
- If you prefer, remove the beef mixture to a platter then layer with the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream.
- Fast Taco Pie made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES