Fiesta of a Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 10 Min
All the yummy veggies, seasonings, and cheeses blend together to make a fiesta in your mouth. Add this Fiesta of a Spread to your next Mexican potluck menu and we guarantee everyone will be saying, "Gracias!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) package corn chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (16-ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (1-1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (6-ounce) carton avocado dip
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3 (2-1/4-ounce) cans sliced ripe olives
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine crushed corn chips and butter; press into bottom and 1-inch up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Combine refried beans and taco seasoning mix, stirring well; spread over prepared crust. Layer avocado dip and remaining 5 ingredients over refried bean mixture; cover and chill 8 hours.
Place on a serving plate, and remove sides of springform pan. Serve with large corn chips or tortilla chips.
You might want to add a half pound shredded cooked chicken or browned ground beef to this popular Mexican spread for a hearty change. You can also substitute 1 cup homemade guacamole for avocado dip, if you enjoy making the creamy dip. Crushing the corn chips? No problem. Just transfer the chips to a zip-top bag, seal the bag, and have at it with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.