Fresh Italian Bruschetta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
On almost every Italian restaurant menu, you're sure to find some version of bruschetta. And while this appetizer may be fancy-sounding, it's actually very easy to put together. Try our Fresh Italian Bruschetta the next time you're craving Italian restaurant tastes.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place the bread cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the mixture over the cut side of the bread.
- Sprinkle bread with basil and tomato, then top with cheese.
- Bake in the upper half of the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread turn brown.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces and serve as is, or try some of the options listed below.
Instead of making this bruscheta with a loaf of Italian bread, you can try it with a couple of submarine rolls, if that's what you've got on hand. It'll be just as crunchy and scrumptious! And feel free to try with any other topping you like, like chopped sweet peppers, olives, drained canned beans, sliced pepperoni, and more!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!