- about 2 dozen poppers
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Trendy restaurants serve cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers as an appetizer. And you can make your kitchen just as trendy when you make Jalapeno Poppers yourself.
What You'll Need:
12 medium-sized fresh jalapeno peppers
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
cup cornmeal, divided
teaspoon black pepper
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
What To Do:
- Split peppers in half lengthwise, cutting through stems, then remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Firmly press a heaping teaspoonful of the cheese mixture into each pepper half . Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cornmeal, the milk, salt, and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal.
- Dip stuffed pepper halves into milk mixture then into the dry mixture, coating thoroughly with each.
- Fill a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully fry a few peppers at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
04 29 14