Oniony Chicken & Chips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an American-style spinoff on the traditional English fish and chips that carried over first to New England and spread from there to the whole country. And now that chicken has become the big "WOW!," wait till you see what happens when you serve this - it'll be an "everybody loves it" favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (1 6-ounce bag) sour-cream-and-onion-flavored potato chips, finely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, beat together the milk and egg with a fork until well mixed. In a shallow dish, combine the crushed potato chips, onion powder, and pepper. Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture, then roll them in the potato chip mixture. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- Arrange the coated pieces in a single layer in a baking pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then drizzle the chicken with the melted butter.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- Makes 18 to 20 pieces.
Serve with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce, or use your favorite potato chip dip.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!