Quick Norwegian Herring
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Herring can be found in recipes from so many different cultures, but I've found it to be most popular in Scandinavian countries. So, let me share a recipe from a Norwegian fan!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled cut herring fillets, drained and liquid reserved
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the reserved herring liquid, the sour cream, onion, dillweed, and pepper; mix until smooth. Add the herring and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill for about an hour to blend the flavors.
Serve this with toothpicks as an appetizer, or maybe as a go-along with your green salad.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!