Quick Norwegian Herring
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Herring can be found in recipes from so many different cultures, but I've found it to be most popular in Scandinavian countries. So, let me share a recipe from a Norwegian fan!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled cut herring fillets, drained and liquid reserved
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the reserved herring liquid, the sour cream, onion, dillweed, and pepper; mix until smooth. Add the herring and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill for about an hour to blend the flavors.
Serve this with toothpicks as an appetizer, or maybe as a go-along with your green salad.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!