Quick Norwegian Herring
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Herring can be found in recipes from so many different cultures, but I've found it to be most popular in Scandinavian countries. So, let me share a recipe from a Norwegian fan!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled cut herring fillets, drained and liquid reserved
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the reserved herring liquid, the sour cream, onion, dillweed, and pepper; mix until smooth. Add the herring and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill for about an hour to blend the flavors.
Serve this with toothpicks as an appetizer, or maybe as a go-along with your green salad.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.