Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage
These party-pleasing stuffed mushroom caps get their zip from their flavorful Italian sausage filling. This is a favorite Mr. Food stuffed mushroom recipe, and we're betting it'll be one of yours, too! This Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms recipe is one of our favorites because it's so versatile. Serve 'em up as an appetizer for guests or work it into your main meal. This sausage stuffed mushroom recipe is gonna turn out to be a real lifesaver.
What You'll Need:
- 16 large mushrooms (about 1 pound)
small onion, minced
cup chopped red bell pepper
pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Remove mushroom stems from caps; finely chop the stems.
- In a large skillet, saute the chopped mushroom stems, the onion, bell pepper, and sausage over medium-high heat until the sausage is crumbled and browned. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients; mix well then stuff each mushroom cap and place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 24 13