Southern Bacon Tomato Quiche
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
What You'll Need:
cup (1 ounce) bacon bits (see Note)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (see Note)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cup heavy cream
teaspoon white pepper
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cut into 12 thin wedges
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Distribute bacon bits evenly over bottom of pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs then add the cream cheese and continue beating until mixture is smooth. Add remaining ingredients except tomato wedges and beat until combined.
- Pour mixture over bacon bits then arrange tomato wedges on top in a pinwheel pattern. Bake 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing into wedges.
If you're in a quiche-making mood, you might also want to try our simple version of Quiche Lorraine.
If you've got some leftover cooked bacon, this is a perfect way to use it up. Simply crumble it and you're set!
For the pie crust, you can use either refrigerated or frozen or your own homemade recipe...the choice is yours.
Looking for our Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad? You'll love it!
We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 12 13