Spanish Cheese Tarts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our homemade Spanish Cheese Tarts can take on a variety of flavorful personalities depending on the type of chorizo sausage used. No matter which you choose, these cheese tarts are your passport to tasty excitement.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (6-shell) packages graham cracker tart shells
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) sausage meat (chorizo, sage, scrapple, or cubed kielbasa)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle chunky salsa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Dried oregano for sprinkling
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brush tart shells with beaten egg yolks and bake about 3 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing. In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion until sausage is well done and onion is tender. Spoon sausage mixture into tart shells.
In a medium bowl, combine salsa and eggs; mix well. Spoon salsa mixture over sausage mixture, distributing evenly. Top each tart with cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and light golden.
To make an Italian version, use Italian sausage and substitute spaghetti sauce for the salsa and shredded mozzarella for the Monterey Jack cheese. All other ingredients are the same. You can also use minced turkey sausage or your own favorite kind; the flavor will still be delicious.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.