Spicy Beef Empanadas
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
We might know these as turnovers brimming with meat, but if you want to know the actual Mexican name, it's empanada, and when you make them, boy, will your gang be impressed!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) folded refrigerated pie crust
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat, or until no pink remains, crumbling the beef as it cooks. Add the salsa, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Unfold the pie crusts and cut each of the 4 crusts into 4 circles, each 4 inches in diameter. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the meat mixture into the center of each piece of dough and fold in half, forming half-moons.
- Seal the edges firmly with your fingers, then crimp the edges with the tines of a fork. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
When you have the time (and the desire), you can make Homemade Empanada Dough.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES