Spicy Beef Empanadas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We might know these as turnovers brimming with meat, but if you want to know the actual Mexican name, it's empanada, and when you make them, boy, will your gang be impressed!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) folded refrigerated pie crust
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat, or until no pink remains, crumbling the beef as it cooks. Add the salsa, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Unfold the pie crusts and cut each of the 4 crusts into 4 circles, each 4 inches in diameter. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the meat mixture into the center of each piece of dough and fold in half, forming half-moons.
- Seal the edges firmly with your fingers, then crimp the edges with the tines of a fork. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
When you have the time (and the desire), you can make Homemade Empanada Dough.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a cake you can share with EVERYONE (really!). Since this tropical-tasting cake is made in a baking sheet, you can bet there's enough to go around. And, 'cause both the frosting and the cake are made from scratch, they're sure to say, "Wow, that's a Crazy Good Pineapple Sheet Cake!"