Spicy Beer and Cheddar Fondue
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fondue is always a fun dish and with this Spicy Beer and Cheddar Fondue recipe you'll be reminded of just how much of a hit this party classic always is!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup beer (see Note)
- Cubed French bread and/or sliced pears
What To Do:
Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or just until it begins to simmer, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, toss together cheeses and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
Add cheese mixture a handful at a time to hot milk, stirring until fondue is smooth and beginning to bubble.
- Pour fondue into a 3-quart oval slow cooker; stir in beer. Cover and cook on LOW setting 1 hour. Serve with cubed bread and/or sliced pears.
Serve fondue within 2 hours. And, for an alcohol-free version, substitute nonalcoholic beer for regular beer. Your fondue will taste just as great.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!