We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
Spring rolls are similar to egg rolls, only they're usually a bit lighter and often packed with veggies only - no meat. Why not pick up some egg roll wrappers and make your own version of this quick and tasty snack?
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, and scallions; mix well. Pour soy sauce mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat well and let stand 10 minutes. Place cabbage mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain well.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup cabbage mixture evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold one corner of each egg roll wrapper up over cabbage mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion; roll up tightly.
- Heat about 1-1/2 inches oil in a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add spring rolls in batches and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately, but be sure to use caution -- the filling will be hot.
- If you serve these spring rolls with duck sauce or spicy mustard, they'll taste as good as (or better than!) the ones served in restaurants!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!