- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 6 Min
Spring rolls are similar to egg rolls, only they're usually a bit lighter and often packed with veggies only - no meat. Why not pick up some egg roll wrappers and make your own version of this quick and tasty snack?
What You'll Need:
cup soy sauce
cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
2 cups fresh bean sprouts
1 large carrot, shredded
3 scallions (green onions), chopped
8 egg roll wrappers
Oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot, and scallions; mix well. Pour soy sauce mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat well and let stand 10 minutes. Place cabbage mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain well.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup cabbage mixture evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold one corner of each egg roll wrapper up over cabbage mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion; roll up tightly.
- Heat about 1-1/2 inches oil in a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add spring rolls in batches and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately, but be sure to use caution -- the filling will be hot.
- If you serve these spring rolls with duck sauce or spicy mustard, they'll taste as good as (or better than!) the ones served in restaurants!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
06 20 14