Sweet Hot Wings
These Sweet Hot Wings aren't only hot in flavor... they're a hot party appetizer that will have your guests' mouths watering as soon as they arrive!
What You'll Need:
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 18)
- 1 1/2
cups pure maple syrup
- 2 cups hot sauce (see note)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Blue cheese or Ranch dressing
- Celery sticks
What To Do:
- Cut off and discard wing tips; cut wings in half at joint.
- Combine syrup and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Reserve 1-1/2 cups marinade for serving as a dipping sauce; cover and chill. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic freezer bag; add chicken, and seal. Chill 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken skin side up on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Broil 3" from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
- Place wings in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Serve with reserved 1-1/2 cups marinade, dressing, and celery sticks.
For testing, we used a medium-heat hot sauce. If you choose to go with a hotter sauce, decrease the amount to 1-1/2 cups.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES