Sweet Hot Wings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Sweet Hot Wings aren't only hot in flavor... they're a hot party appetizer that will have your guests' mouths watering as soon as they arrive!
What You'll Need:
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 18)
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 cups hot sauce (see note)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Blue cheese or Ranch dressing
- Celery sticks
What To Do:
- Cut off and discard wing tips; cut wings in half at joint.
- Combine syrup and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Reserve 1-1/2 cups marinade for serving as a dipping sauce; cover and chill. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic freezer bag; add chicken, and seal. Chill 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken skin side up on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Broil 3" from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
- Place wings in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Serve with reserved 1-1/2 cups marinade, dressing, and celery sticks.
For testing, we used a medium-heat hot sauce. If you choose to go with a hotter sauce, decrease the amount to 1-1/2 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Spruce up your hot dogs with a savory topping that's really yummy and comes together in no time. Our Old Time Hot Dog Sauce is beefy, flavorful, and all-American. It's just what your hot dogs need to take them from ordinary to extraordinary!