Tomato Mozzarella Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
- READY IN
- 48 Min
Don't be fooled by the name! This "toast" is the perfect party appetizer, light lunch or supper! With the garden-fresh taste of Tomato Mozzarella Toast, you'll be the "toast of the table!"
What You'll Need:
- 4 large ripe tomates, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 (8-inch) Italian rolls
- 8 thin slices (about 1/4 pound) prosciutto or baked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the basil, garlic, salt, and pepper; let stand 30 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally. Brush cut sides with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; place on shallow pan and broil until golden.
- Reserve about 1/3 cup tomato mixture; spoon remaining tomato mixture on rolls, dividing evenly. Top each with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and an equal amount of reserved tomato mixture. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're gonna want to bring your appetite and a loaf of crusty bread to the table when you serve this Old-World Peasant Soup. This soup is full of fresh veggies, beans, and, for old-world flavor, some kielbasa. It's a hearty, fill-ya-up soup that's sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!