Tomato Mozzarella Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
- READY IN
- 48 Min
Don't be fooled by the name! This "toast" is the perfect party appetizer, light lunch or supper! With the garden-fresh taste of Tomato Mozzarella Toast, you'll be the "toast of the table!"
What You'll Need:
- 4 large ripe tomates, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 (8-inch) Italian rolls
- 8 thin slices (about 1/4 pound) prosciutto or baked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the basil, garlic, salt, and pepper; let stand 30 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally. Brush cut sides with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; place on shallow pan and broil until golden.
- Reserve about 1/3 cup tomato mixture; spoon remaining tomato mixture on rolls, dividing evenly. Top each with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and an equal amount of reserved tomato mixture. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!