Watermelon Crab Cups
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Min
Watermelon and crab? Are we sure we got that right? Well, yes indeed! You'd never know it but watermelon and crab are a shockingly tasty combination. A little bit o' sweet, a little bit o' savory, and what do you have? Why you've got a sophisticated dish like this, that's what!
What You'll Need:
- 6 to 8 watermelon cups (see below)
cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
cup chopped celery
cup chopped scallions
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped or grated
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat, rinsed and picked over for shell
What To Do:
- Make the watermelon cups by cutting 3 inch tall and 3-inch wide cylinders of seedless watermelon. Hollow out the cylinders to form 'cups' reserving the watermelon from the center for another use or to snack on while cooking.
- Once the cups are made, keep them on a paper towel until ready to fill and serve. The cups can be made ahead of time and covered on a tray and refrigerated until ready.
- Make the filling by mixing together the mayonnaise, relish, dill, celery, scallions, and hard-boiled eggs. Fold in the crab.
- Fill the watermelon cups and enjoy.
Adapted from the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES