We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
An elegant delight for the real cookie connoisseurs in your life.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot or seedless raspberry preserves or jam (about 1 cup), melted
- cup sliced almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Line a 10" x 15" cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and allow it to overhang the edges; coat the foil with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt until well blended.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread with the melted preserves. Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until the edges are golden but not brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then gently slide the foil from the cookie sheet onto a flat surface. When the jam is firm enough to allow easy cutting, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips, then cut into 2-inch long cookies.
Makes about 6 dozen bars.