We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
An elegant delight for the real cookie connoisseurs in your life.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot or seedless raspberry preserves or jam (about 1 cup), melted
- cup sliced almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Line a 10" x 15" cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and allow it to overhang the edges; coat the foil with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt until well blended.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread with the melted preserves. Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until the edges are golden but not brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then gently slide the foil from the cookie sheet onto a flat surface. When the jam is firm enough to allow easy cutting, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips, then cut into 2-inch long cookies.
Makes about 6 dozen bars.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate the flavors of summer all year long with our Fiesta Zucchini Salad. This salad gets its great vibrant color from fresh veggies, like cherry red tomatoes, bright yellow corn, green zucchini, and more! It's truly a salad worth throwing a fiesta for!