Applesauce Fruitcake Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing says Christmas quite like fruitcake, but we put our own spin on a classic that we know everyone is going to love. We don't think anyone is going to re-gift these Applesauce Fruitcake Bars this year!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 (15-ounce) jar applesauce
- 1 (6-ounce) container red candied cherries, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) container green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Spread evenly into a well-greased and floured 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over top, cut into bars and store tightly covered at room temperature.
Looking for more great sweet desserts? Check out our collection of Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!