We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing more refreshing for dessert than fresh-baked lemon bar cookies. This easy recipe for Citrus Bars is a winner that Mr. Food viewers keep requesting again and again.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 egg, and oil until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of cake mixture for topping; set aside. Press remaining cake mixture into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Bake 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add granulated sugar, lemon juice, and remaining egg, beating until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over baked crust and sprinkle with reserved 1 cup cake mixture.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over cake then cover and refrigerate. Once chilled, cut into bars.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're gonna want to bring your appetite and a loaf of crusty bread to the table when you serve this Old-World Peasant Soup. This soup is full of fresh veggies, beans, and, for old-world flavor, some kielbasa. It's a hearty, fill-ya-up soup that's sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!