Cocoa Almond Biscotti
Biscotti are intensely crunchy Italian cookies. We think they're perfect for dunking into a cup of hot coffee!
What You'll Need:
cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
tablespoons Kahlua or cooled strong coffee
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 (6-ounce) can whole almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed of an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well. Stir in Kahlua or coffee.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in almonds. Divide dough in half; using floured hands, shape each portion into a 2- x 9-inch log on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut each log diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake 5 to 6 additional minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.