Country Store Hermit Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chewy, sweet, and wholesome, our homemade Country Store Hermit Bars make for a super-satisfying snack. Packing the old-time taste of a "Mom and Pop" country store, they bake up in a snap without leaving home.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Blend in eggs.
- On low speed, beat in water, then baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually mix in flour, about a third at a time. Stir in remaining ingredients. Place batter in prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until firm. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, cut into bars.
For options? Feel free to add in some some chopped dates or cherries in place of the raisins or dried cranberries.
And how about a nice, cold glass of lemonade to wash down our cookies?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!