Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 40 Min
You don't have to wait for autumn, 'cause it's always the season for cranberries...and boy, can they ever spark up a plain old chocolate chip bar!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in flour, oats, and orange peel; mixture will be crumbly. With a spoon, stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. Reserve 2 cups of the mixture and press remaining mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth then gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Pour over hot crust and sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until center is set. Allow to cool then cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into bars and serve.
Sweetened dried cranberries look like raisins, but they're cranberries that are dried like raisins. They can usually be found near the raisins in the supermarket, but if you can't find them, you could always use raisins, or leave them out completely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!