Date Nut Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oh, boy! These are a traditional favorite 'cause they're so great for munching.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the dates, nuts, and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Mix in the dates and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9" x 13" baking dish. Bake for about 35 minutes. Cool, then cut into 3" x 6" bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes 18 bars.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.