We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These were the first cookies my daughter ever made. Her favorite part was patting the dough into the cookie sheet. (And they're so easy and good that all these years later she still loves making them for us.)
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup colored nonpareils
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10- x 15-inch rimmed cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and egg yolk. In another large bowl, combine flour and cinnamon; stir it into butter mixture. Using your hands, pat dough into pan.
- In a small bowl, beat water and egg white until frothy; brush it over dough, then sprinkle top nuts and nonpareils.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden. Cut immediately into finger-like bars.
Make sure to use the nonpareils found in the baking section, not the candy section, of your grocery store.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.