English Toffee Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 4 dozen bars
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
We all deserve to treat ourselves to a guilty pleasure once in a while! Our English Toffee Bars are a heavenly combination of cinnamon, chocolate, and pecans meaning temptation never tasted so good.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (see Note)
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet or milk chocolate chips
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together sugar and butter until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. Add egg yolk and continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Continue beating 1 to 2 minutes longer, gradually adding flour and cinnamon, scraping bowl frequently. Press dough evenly onto bottom of a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
In a small bowl, beat the egg white with a fork then brush it over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with pecans, patting them lightly into dough.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 3 minutes, then swirl chips lightly with a knife. Cut into bars while still warm. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
- If you love bar cookies as much as we do, you'll just love our Adobe Meringue Bars!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.