Ooey Gooey Chewies
The name Ooey Gooey Chewies says it all...make sure you have a tall glass of ice cold milk to wash 'em down!
What You'll Need:
1 (14-ounce) bag caramels
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
1 (18.5-ounce) package chocolate cake mix with pudding
cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup (6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
cups chopped pecans, divided
1 cup flaked coconut
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels in 1/3 cup evaporated milk over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining evaporated milk, the cake mix, and butter.
- Press half the batter into bottom of an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and 1 cup pecans, and top with coconut and the caramel mixture, spreading to edges of pan. Top evenly with teaspoonfuls of remaining cake batter. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool pan on a wire rack then cut into bars.
These bars are best served warm or at least at room temperature.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
10 03 13