We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A bit of a Texas kid's fun in every delicious bite! This easy bar cookie recipe provides a tangy twist on your average dessert. Serve up these tasty bites the next time you invite family and friends over and watch their faces light up!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons for coating
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound orange jelly candy slices
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brown sugar, 2 cups flour, and salt. Add the eggs and oil; mix well and set aside. Coat the candy slices with the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, then cut the candy into small pieces and add to the batter, along with the nuts; mix just until combined. Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured 7" X 11" baking dish.
Bake for about 50 minutes, or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Before completely cooled, cut into squares.
- Place the confectioners' sugar in a plastic bag; put a few squares at a time into the plastic bag and shake to coat the bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve (because they dry out quickly).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!