We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The texture of these crisp little cookies makes them perfect for dunking in a cup of coffee for a sweet little breakfast of and afternoon pick-me-up.
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine sugar, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl; gradually add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface; divide in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion of dough into a 1-1/4- x 12-inch log. Place logs 3-inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 25 minutes. Cool completely on cookie sheet.
- Cut each log crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices, using a serrated knife. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheets. Bake 15 minutes, turning cookies once. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.