We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If autumn gets you thinking about spice cakes and cookies like Momma and Grandma used to make, you're gonna love our Spice Bars. These combine that old-fashioned taste with the easiness of today. And wait 'til you smell 'em baking!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, granulated sugar, and honey. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add egg and pecans; mix well. Press mixture into an ungreased 10- x 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make glaze, beat together remaining ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the top of the warm spice bars, cut into squares, and serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!