Sunny Lemon Fruit Bites
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 - 24 servings
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 15 Min
Weather looking gloomy? Take a bite of our Sunny Lemon Fruit Bites, 'cause their fresh lemon flavor is like a ray of sunshine.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups finely crushed toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (4-serving) package lemon pie filling, prepared according to the package directions (see Note)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (15 -ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cereal, butter, and sugar. Spread half the mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, forming a crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, fruit cocktail, and lemon rind; stir to thoroughly blend then spread over cooled crust. Cover evenly with whipped topping then sprinkle with remaining half of the cereal mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before cutting into small squares and serving.
Make sure to use lemon pie filling and not lemon pudding for the filling.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!