Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars
- about 25 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Bet you can't say "Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars in your tummy" three times fast...! Well, these are so good, they'll be gone three times faster than any other cookies, guaranteed!
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons rum
cup (1 stick) butter, softened
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon rum
cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, toss 3 tablespoons rum with the raisins and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter, the granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk, until well mixed. Stir in the soaked raisins, rum and all. Spread batter evenly into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While cooling, combine glaze ingredients: 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon rum, and the confectioners' sugar, in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- While still warm, top bars with glaze and cut into squares.
If you want a really strong rum flavor, soak the raisins for several hours. And you can use either light or gold rum.
12 31 12