Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 25 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Bet you can't say "Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars in your tummy" three times fast...! Well, these are so good, they'll be gone three times faster than any other cookies, guaranteed!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, toss 3 tablespoons rum with the raisins and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter, the granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk, until well mixed. Stir in the soaked raisins, rum and all. Spread batter evenly into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While cooling, combine glaze ingredients: 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon rum, and the confectioners' sugar, in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- While still warm, top bars with glaze and cut into squares.
If you want a really strong rum flavor, soak the raisins for several hours. And you can use either light or gold rum.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.