We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no wrong way to make a goulash -- and this version is super easy and full of flavor. We just know you'll fall in love with our American Goulash after just one bite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat , brown ground beef, bell pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Place in prepared casserole dish.
Cover and bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and top with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 additional minutes, or until thoroughly heated and the cheese has melted.
- American Goulash is a perfect dish to make ahead and freeze. You can even freeze it in individual portions so the kids can microwave a dish after school or anytime they need a quick meal.
- If you're looking for more recipes like our American Goulash, be sure to check out our collection of 10 Easy Goulash Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!