Apricot Glazed Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you thought that apricot preserves belong only on toast, look here. Their fruity taste broiled on beef is a winner, too. Let's make a "toast" to this new combo.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 pounds beef flank steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler. Place the steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed cookie sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil that has been coated with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush the steak completely with the sauce, reserving the remaining sauce.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness, basting frequently with the reserved sauce. Slice across the grain into 1/4-inch slices.
You can use peach or pineapple preserves in place of apricot, if you prefer.