Barbecued Beef Hoagies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
I've added lots of mushrooms and onions to my regular barbecued beef, which not only makes it go farther, it lightens it up at the same time.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds lean beef top round, thinly sliced
cup chili sauce
teaspoon black pepper
- 8 Italian-style hoagie rolls, sliced 3/4 throgh
What To Do:
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the onions begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove the vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown the steak over medium-high heat for 6 to 7 minutes, or until no pink remains, draining off any excess liquid. Return the vegetables to the skillet and add the chili sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into the hoagie rolls and serve immediately.
Ask your butcher to cut the meat nice and thin. I started out as a butcher, so I know it'll be his or her pleasure!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
09 13 12