Beef and Bean Chimichangas
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
These Mexican favorites are baked instead of fried. Same great taste and a lot less mess! You might say we did a 'changa' to the 'chimis.'
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground chuck
cup chopped onion
cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Add corn and taco sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of beans evenly onto each of the tortillas. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture down center of each tortillas, and top with shredded cheese. Fold sides in and roll up, burrito-style; place seam side down on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet. Spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, 22 minutes or until golden. Serve with desired toppings.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 21 13