Beer Basted Rib Eye Roast
The name says it all! Our Beer-Basted Rib Eye Roast gets its rich flavor from a bottle of dark beer. This classic German-style roast makes any day taste like Oktoberfest.
1 hr 45 min
What You'll Need:
1 (3-pound) boneless rib eye roast
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced into thin slivers
cup soy sauce
teaspoon black pepper
1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer
cup beef broth
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut slits 1-inch deep into top of roast at regular intervals and insert garlic into slits. Rub soy sauce over all sides of roast then sprinkle with pepper. Place roast into pan and scatter onions around it.
- Cook roast for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Pour 1/4 cup beer over roast then continue cooking for 75 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, basting with beer every 30 minutes.
- Remove roast to cutting board and let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add any remaining beer and the beef broth to pan. Cook over medium-high heat and deglaze by stirring to dislodge brown bits on bottom of pan. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice roast and serve with pan juices.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
09 16 11