We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meatloaf is an American favorite, right up there with Mom's freshly baked apple pie. And while we know that everyone has a favorite way they like to make their meatloaf, we think our Better-than-Ever Meatloaf is sure worth a try.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/3 cup ketchup; mix well.
- Place mixture into prepared baking pan and shape into a loaf. Spread remaining 1/3 cup ketchup over top.
- Bake 1 hour or until done.
- If you want to cook this in the microwave, simply combine the ingredients as above, then place the mixture in a 2-quart oblong microwaveable baking dish and shape into a loaf. Microwave, uncovered, on High (full power), turning the dish occasionally, for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from the baking dish and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Want to try a lighter version of this meatloaf recipe? You can use very lean ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef!
- Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our latest recipe collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
- This meatloaf recipe would go great with a side of Lyonnaise Potatoes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!