We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of a British classic, Cottage Pie, is made with tender top sirloin beef and veggies swimming in beefy gravy that's topped off with mashed potatoes and baked to perfection.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 pounds top sirloin beef, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (12-ounce) jars beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes. Drain off excess liquid, if needed.
- Add peas and carrots, gravy, and thyme; mix well and pour into casserole dish. Place mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until heated through.
To avoid a potential mess, place a baking sheet under the casserole dish, since this just might bubble over.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Spruce up your hot dogs with a savory topping that's really yummy and comes together in no time. Our Old Time Hot Dog Sauce is beefy, flavorful, and all-American. It's just what your hot dogs need to take them from ordinary to extraordinary!