Country-Fried Steak & Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We first had country-fried steak years ago at a little southern diner. Boy, were we hooked! And once we decided to put fried eggs on top, we discovered our new favorite breakfast.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 pounds beef cubed steaks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt and water; stir until salt is dissolved. Add steaks and soak 10 minutes. In medium-sized bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture and set aside.
- Remove steaks one at a time from water and coat completely with flour mixture. In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until very hot, but not smoking.
- Carefully add steaks to skillet and brown 12 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally. Remove steaks to a covered serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of oil. Add reserved flour mixture to skillet and brown lightly over medium-low heat. Slowly whisk in remaining salt, pepper, and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Serve steak topped with gravy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook eggs sunny-side up in batches. Serve on plate next to steak topped with gravy.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can enjoy a cookie version of your favorite campfire treat with our recipe for Peanut Butter S'more Bars! These bars feature a chunky peanut butter crust that's layered with marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and roasted peanuts. Go on, make these and be the star of the next potluck!