We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're probably wondering why this is called "cupboard" steak. Well, that's easy...it's 'cause all the ingredients are found right in your kitchen cupboard.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) beef eye of round steaks (4 to 6 ounces each), about 1/2 inch thick
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine salsa, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard; mix well. Place in a plastic bag with steaks; seal tightly and turn to completely coat meat. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed cookie sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil that has been coated with cooking spray, discarding marinade.
- Broil steaks 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness, turning halfway through cooking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like copycat restaurant recipes, then our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie is right up your alley. This recipe tastes like it came straight out of your favorite steakhouse. It's the flavorful blend of seasonings that really give it that "down under" flavor!