Currant Glazed Prime Rib of Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
This elegant and easy recipe for prime rib shouts company fancy. And with our currant jelly glaze, this spectacular beef dinner is a meal thatâ€™ll make you feel like a restaurant chef!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless beef rib eye roast
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup currant jelly
- CURRANT SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Place roast in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well then rub over meat. Roast for 1 hour.
- Brush 1/3 cup currant jelly over meat; roast 20 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 150 degrees F. for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
- Remove roast to a cutting board and allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before carving across the grain.
- Meanwhile, make Currant Sauce by melting 1/2 cup currant jelly in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in wine, cornstarch, and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Serve over roast.
There are so many side dishes that work well here. We'd like to suggest Oven Roasted Potatoes as a great option!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!