Diner Style Salisbury Steak
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Isn't it about time to take a trip down memory lane? Let's stay home and revisit the old diner that served up the Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes smothered with mushroom gravy. Oh - we can't forget the green peas on the side!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2
pounds ground beef
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 (12-ounce) container beef gravy
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
What To Do:
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, scallions, bread crumbs, egg, and mustard; mix well. Shape into four 1/2 inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and cook patties 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.
- Add gravy, water, horseradish, and mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
Each serving makes a hearty meal, so you can certainly make smaller portions - just form the mixture into six or eight smaller patties.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES