Fiesta Roast Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) package fully-cooked beef tri-tip roast
- 2 (8- to 8-1/4-ounce each) cans tropical fruit salad in light syrup
- 1 large orange
- 2 to 3 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
What To Do:
- Remove beef tri-tip roast from package; place in microwave-safe dish. Transfer 3 to 4 tablespoons liquid from package to a small saucepan; set aside. Discard any remaining liquid or reserve for another use. Cover the roast and microwave on high 7 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Drain fruit salad, reserving 3 tablespoons of the syrup. Cut up any large pieces of fruit; set aside. Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange; set aside. Cut orange in half. Squeeze juice from 1/2 orange; peel and chop orange sections from remaining half.
- In a medium bowl, combine reserved syrup, orange juice, mustard, orange peel, pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper; whisk until blended, then measure 1/4 cup of the mixture and add it to beef liquid in the saucepan. Add reserved fruit salad, chopped orange, and bell pepper to remaining orange juice mixture in bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Carve the roast across the grain into thin slices. Bring mixture in saucepan to a boil over high heat; remove from heat. Arrange beef and fruit relish side-by-side on a platter.
- Spoon warm sauce over the beef as desired. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!