Fiesta Roast Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) package fully-cooked beef tri-tip roast
- 2 (8- to 8-1/4-ounce each) cans tropical fruit salad in light syrup
- 1 large orange
- 2 to 3 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
What To Do:
- Remove beef tri-tip roast from package; place in microwave-safe dish. Transfer 3 to 4 tablespoons liquid from package to a small saucepan; set aside. Discard any remaining liquid or reserve for another use. Cover the roast and microwave on high 7 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Drain fruit salad, reserving 3 tablespoons of the syrup. Cut up any large pieces of fruit; set aside. Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange; set aside. Cut orange in half. Squeeze juice from 1/2 orange; peel and chop orange sections from remaining half.
- In a medium bowl, combine reserved syrup, orange juice, mustard, orange peel, pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper; whisk until blended, then measure 1/4 cup of the mixture and add it to beef liquid in the saucepan. Add reserved fruit salad, chopped orange, and bell pepper to remaining orange juice mixture in bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Carve the roast across the grain into thin slices. Bring mixture in saucepan to a boil over high heat; remove from heat. Arrange beef and fruit relish side-by-side on a platter.
- Spoon warm sauce over the beef as desired. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?