Flank Steak Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Mexican restaurant favorite is a cinch to make at home. Flank Steak Fajitas are a family-friendly weeknight meal, you'll want to make again and again.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1- to 1-1/2-pound) skirt or flank steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- Bottled salsa for topping (optional)
What To Do:
- Partially freeze the steak for easier slicing. Slice steak across the grain into 1/2-inch strips. In a large bowl, mix the lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Add meat; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally (overnight is best.)
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil; fry meat quickly over medium-high heat until browned. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3/4 cup meat. Divide cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, scallions and avocado slices among the tortillas. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!