Grilled Steak with Pineapple Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Min
- COOK TIME
- 9 Min
- READY IN
- 13 Min
We can hear you saying "mmmm" all the way over here! When you have a combination like a smoky, barbecued steak and the sweet, tangy burst of pineapple, you know you're in for a real good meal. Shake up your usual grilling routine with this recipe. Plus, you can reuse the leftover pineapple salsa for your chicken the next day. Don't you just love it when a recipe is as versatile as this one is?
What You'll Need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flat iron steak (see note)
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
What To Do:
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees).
- Sprinkle pineapple with brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle steak with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill steak, pineapple, and scallions, covered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until steak is desired degree of doneness and pineapple and scallions are tender.
- Let steak stand 5 minutes; cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. Finely chop pineapple and scallions; place in a small bowl, and stir in salsa. Serve pineapple salsa with steak.
This cut comes from the shoulder blade and is a great choice for grilling. If you can't find flat iron steak, flank steak is a good substitute. By allowing the steak to stand before slicing, the juices are preserved and it's easy to slice. Diagonally slicing the meat across the grain ensures extra tenderness.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.